Privacy notice for Competitions and User Generated Content (UGC).
Your data is important. It’s important to us, and we understand that it’s important to you. Boom Cymru is committed to safeguarding your information in line with the latest data protection and privacy laws. We also want to be transparent about what information we collect about you, how we use it, and how you can control what we do with this information.
About this notice
In this privacy notice, “we”, “us” and “our” means Boom Cymru TV Limited (part of ITV Studios). This notice was last updated in June 2021.
What this notice covers
This privacy notice explains how we collect and use your personal information if you are a user of our products and services, for example if you:
- enter one of our competitions
- send us user generated content (“UGC”) material to be included in one of our programmes including, but not limited to sending us messages and photos for a Birthday Request on Cyw
What this notice doesn’t cover
This privacy notice doesn’t cover companies, services or applications that we don’t own or control, or people that we don’t employ or manage. This includes (without limitation) third party websites, pages, applications/widgets or other services that we link to or offer via our products and services.
In these cases, please instead refer to the privacy notice of the relevant third party.
This privacy notice also does not cover:
- use of our websites, e.g. www.boomcymru.co.uk. You can find this privacy notice here https://www.boomcymru.co.uk/boom-cymru-privacy-policy/?lang=en
- applicants, contributors, talents or audience of our productions. You can find this privacy notice here: https://www.boomcymru.co.uk/boom-cymru-ltd-privacy-notice-for-programme-applicants-participants-and-contributors/?lang=en
What information do we collect, store and use?
The information we collect about you depends on which competitions you are entering and the UGC you are submitting, but we’ll only collect your personal information where necessary. Information we (or our authorised third parties) collect includes:
- personal information you submit to us when you register for or enter a competition or submit a UGC or when you update your associated details. – For example, we may ask you to provide your name, address, postcode, email address, date of birth, telephone number. If you are a child, we will also need the above information about your parent / guardian. Please note it’s your responsibility to ensure that any registration data you provide to us is accurate and kept up to date
- information you disclose to us when you contact us about a competition or about your UGC
- other data we collect in order to review compliance with our terms and conditions and/or otherwise as required by law.
Where do we collect your personal information from?
We (or our authorised third parties) collect information about you:
Information that you give to us about you or your parent/ guardian
Information we obtain from others
How will we use your information?
We and our authorised third parties will only process your personal information where we have legal grounds to do so. The legal grounds for processing differ depending on which of our products and services you use. Generally, we’ll only process your data on the following grounds:
- performance of our contracts with you: Where it is necessary to use your information to perform our contract(s) with you for example where we need to process the personal information you submit with your competition entry so we can run the competition
- you have given consent for the processing. When we rely on consent to process your personal information, you always have the right to withdraw this consent. For example, enabling you to submit photos, videos and comments to us
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary to use your information for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party). We only use your information on this legal basis where we have considered that, on balance, our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation placed on Boom Cymru (for example our obligation to ensure that the data we hold is accurate) For example the publication of competition / prize draw winner details
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Internally: Your personal information will be used by our employees, contractors and staff who are working on the competition or the programme in which the UGC is or may be broadcast. Your personal information will only be used on a need-to-know basis and, where necessary, may be shared internally with our other teams (such as Legal & Business Affairs).
- With ITV Plc group companies: with other ITV Plc group companies (for example, those responsible for Compliance, Cybersecurity, Privacy etc)
- With our suppliers and others: Where necessary, your personal information may be shared with our broadcasters, partners, suppliers, auditors and/ or agents to administer the competitions and produce/deliver our programmes. These third parties are only allowed access to your information as needed to to provide services to us. They’re not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
- on online platforms: where relevant, certain details about you may be published along with your UGC on online platforms. We may also share details about you on online platforms if you are a winner of our competitions.
- if there are changes to our business (see the “Changes to our business” section in our general privacy notice on “Changes to our business”)
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your personal information for only as long as necessary, which is longer in some cases than in others. The length of this retention period depends on the purpose for which the data was obtained and its nature.
- we need to keep some personal information about you so we can deal with any complaints you might make about the products and services we provide to you;
- we need to keep personal information so we can defend possible future legal claims. Unless there’s some other reason for keeping it, personal information will be deleted when such a claim could no longer arise or it is no longer required in order to defend legal claims that have arisen;
- we have a legal or regulatory duty to retain particular personal information for a certain minimum period (for example under Ofcom rules, or under HMRC tax rules).
What are your rights?
If you would like to find out about your rights, then please see the Privacy page on our website https://www.boomcymru.co.uk/boom-cymrus-privacy-policies/?lang=en and the general privacy notice page here https://www.boomcymru.co.uk/boom-cymru-privacy-policy/?lang=en.
Boom Cymru TV Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 2936337) with registered office at Gloworks, Ffordd Porth Teigr, Cardiff. CF10 4GA. Our VAT registration number is 135 6006 38
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates our processing of your personal information. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. Details of how to contact the ICO can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
If you wish to contact us generally about our privacy notice or with any privacy queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.